[AT] Off topic but tractor related

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Jul 8 19:24:39 PDT 2010

David the big old Bermuda high that is off shore slide around enough to give
us a north east breeze today and cooled us off some but filled the air with
moisture.  The breeze has pushed salt water up the river and I can smell it
in the air tonight.  We are normally about 5 or 10 miles upstream from the
salt or brackish water but when the wind gets in the east we get the salt.
Last year for a few days there were bottle nosed dolphins (flipper) swimming
up what is normally a fresh water creek near my house.  Sometimes we even
see a shark or two up here.  We are about 40 or 50 water miles from the
ocean and 25 or so from where the river turns into the Pamlico sound.

Charlie