[AT] Super A Carb Leak

Ben Wagner supera1948 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 05:48:50 PDT 2010

Hello,

My Zenith 11115 Carburetor is leaking gas from the hole/drain in the
choke passage.  The carb leaked after I rebuilt the engine, and I
replaced the float and the needle valve.  That seemed to fix the leak
until I ran it.  Once I killed the engine, it began to leak after about
an hour.  And yes, the fuel is shut off, though my shutoff valve does
not completely seal, allowing a little dribble from the gas tank into
the fuel line.

So what do I need to do?  Should I replace the the fuel shutoff valve?
Even if the shutoff drips into the fuel line, the float/needle should
stop the gas from getting into the carb, right?  The only other option I
can think of is that my float is not adjusted correctly, and that would
change the bowl level, which could perhaps allow an overflow into the
choke passage?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Ben Wagner