[Farmall] Wobbly front end on H

Tim Savelle tim.savelle at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 18:49:44 PDT 2010

I drove drove my '49 H in a parade on Saturday and had to run it in 5th gear
several times to fill in gaps in the line.  I noticed an intermittent wobble
from side to side in the front wheels.  This only happens when running in
5th gear (12-15 mph), and it is not consistent.  Something is mushy in
there....probably worn, loose, broken, or all of the above.  I found a
drawing in a shop manual of the steering mechanism.  I scanned it and posted
it to the link below.  Before I take it apart, anybody have an idea of what
might be going on here?  Which part(s) is/are likely to be the problem?
 Which parts might have to be replaced, and if so, a good source?

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/TzPOO9zIS5KCvk5SFwbgGQ?feat=directlink

Thanks,
Tim

--
"If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it
over?" John Wooden, legendary college basketball coach.