[Farmall] Paint for a Mower Deck

Roger Moffat RogerKIWI at aol.com
Thu Jul 1 08:59:58 PDT 2010

While this isn't for my Farmall Cub (it's for my Craftsman 42" lawn
tractor), I'm certain the folks who hang out here will have some ideas/
suggestions/opinions.

What is a durable, "likely to last a while" paint to put on the
underside of a mower deck?

A few years ago I sanded it down pretty well, and sprayed it with
multiple coats of Rustoleum undercoat and then a black enamel. Some of
this still remains, but a lot of it has gone now.

There are a couple of areas on it where the grass accumulates, and
ends up becoming a large festering "glob" that has eaten into the
steel. There's not a lot of movement there since these areas are
outside the range of the blades.

Thanks for any ideas. (apart from getting a much better mower - a ZTR
of some kind is on my wish list <g>)

Roger