[AT] OT I'm getting older are you?

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Fri Jan 29 05:03:48 PST 2010

I remember most of those old things. I had a '46 Plymouth with vacuum
wipers and remember them all but stopping going up a hill. I had a
friend with a late '20s Dodge Brothers Six, and the heater was just a
tin wrapper/funnel around the exhaust manifold that ran into a pipe that
went to the passenger compartment. Needless to say, it didn't provide
much heat.

It is 14° in NJ this morning with an 8 mph wind, making it feel like 3°.
That is probably not any kind of record, but with the generally mild
winter we have had this year, it feels very cold. Yesterday afternoon it
was up to 40° (after getting an inch of snow in the morning). I have not
yet had to get out any tractors to push snow, but February is the month
when I can remember getting hit the hardest in the past.

Mike