[AT] OT I'm getting older are you?

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 28 19:01:24 PST 2010

It is hard to tell what might show up again in the future.  The Gasoline heater was a second time around deal.  My father talked of gasoline heaters being used on Model A Fords and other cars of that era.  Coincidentally, there was one of those old time gas heaters for sale last year in the flea market of a tractor show I attended. I believe on the less expensive cars they were an aftermarket add on as no heater was provided from the factory.  Some of the 1920's luxury cars may have had gas heaters as standard equipment. ??  My father did not have much good to say about the old ones because they were somewhat costly to run and I guess may have promoted a few car fires.  Exhaust manifold stoves were another method of getting some heat in that era.  When I worked in a Chevrolet dealership in 1960, one of the first recalls on the 1960 Corvair included a change of the orfice in the supply system for the gas heater, amoung other things.  Am I old?? That was 50 years ago, wasn't it.  It makes me tired just thinking about it now..

Charlie V.