[AT] OT I'm getting older are you?

pga2 at BasicISP.net pga2 at BasicISP.net
Thu Jan 28 04:50:33 PST 2010

I'm older than dirt too! I remember all 15.
Here's another one: 4 digit phone numbers.
And another: Ignition switches on the dashboard,
right next to the starter button you pressed to engage the starter.
(my 1953 Mercury had this "feature)
I still have a pickup with the dimmer switch on the floor.

Phil in Durango, TX

--- ro.wilson at att.net wrote:

From: "Rob Wilson" <ro.wilson at att.net>
To: "'Antique tractor email discussion group'" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Subject: [AT] OT I'm getting older are you?
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 22:09:28 -0500

I'm getting older, Are you?

                      I'm older than dirt

     <Snip>
     1.Candy cigarettes
     2.Coffee shops with tableside juke boxes
     3.Home milk delivery in glass bottles
     4. Party lines on the telephone
     5.Newsreels before the movie
     6.TV test patterns that came on at night after the last show and were
     there until TV shows started again in the morning. (there were only 3
     channels [if you were fortunate])
     7.Peashooters
     8. Howdy Doody
     9. 45 RPM records
     10.Hi-fi's
     11. Metal ice trays with lever
     12. Blue flashbulb
     13.Cork popguns
     14. Studebakers
     15. Wash tub wringers

     If you remembered 0-3 = You're still young
     If you remembered 3-6 = You are getting older
     If you remembered 7-10  = Don't tell your age,
     If you remembered 11-15 =You're older than dirt!

     I might be older than dirt but those memories are some of the best
     parts of my life.

     Don't forget to pass this along!!
     Especially to all your really OLD friends....