[AT] Spam> Re: Jobs/ Stores (now gardens)

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Jan 26 19:09:51 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Greer" <markagreer at embarqmail.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:06 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] Jobs/ Stores (now gardens)

> Horse manure is great for gardens. If you can find a stable that beds in
> sawdust then it is even better because you get less weeds than with straw
> bedding.

"They" say that too much manure is whats causing the scab problem on my
potatoes. That plus I have been growing potatoes on that same ground for
years.
Tried some new seed on new ground last year and they were better .
I usually work some chicken manure into the soil in the spring with the
rototiller. After several tiller operations it is hardly noticeable.

Ralph in Sask.