[AT] Garden tractor???/Now RF hazard

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Jan 26 09:03:08 PST 2010

I will neither defend nor support the concerns of the parents. But their
stated objection was having the kids' developing brains subjected to
continuous RF emissions all day long, 5 days a week, right next to their
classrooms. I presume that they felt that, if teens/adults want to fry
their brains with Blue Tooth and other transceivers, that is one thing,
but the little kids wouldn't have a choice. Again, whether their
argument has merit or not, that was their position. I suppose that the
school could have erected Faraday cages around the classrooms, but that
probably would have probably defeated the value of the income from the
tower. I presume that the school board chose to err on the side of
caution in dropping the plan.

In another news item, a nearby elementary school was almost closed when
the local board and parents realized that it was only a few yards from a
high tension electrical line.
<http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/09/students_at_fredon_school_may.html>

Mike