[AT] Garden tractor???/Now RF hazard

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 26 06:08:23 PST 2010

Mike Sloane wrote:
> Our local school board thought they could help the budget out by renting
> some space to a cellphone company for a tower right next to the
> elementary school. As you might imagine, after a couple of very stormy
> meetings attended by many concerned parents, the plan was dropped.

One of the problems with language is that the same term can have
multiple meanings.  It is unfortunate that radiation refers to nuclear
as well as electromagnetic.  Thus many people confuse the use and are
afraid of radio emissions.

Why are they afraid of cell phone towers when they stick a blue tooth
thing in their ear (blue tooth is RF), when most everyone now days
carries a cell phone, most homes have cordless phones, many homes have
WiFi, garage door openers, the list goes on.

Such is the very poor state of science education.

--
Don Bowen           KI6DIU