[AT] Contracting out services

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Mon Jan 25 17:38:21 PST 2010

Larry Goss wrote:
> Now you went off and did it, Steve.  The big layoff at Sam's club was
> a main topic of conversation at coffee this afternoon.  My buddy,
> Rolla, said he thought the quality of their sample service would go
> down.  I said I think he's wrong.  Being an employee for the service
> company is probably a step up for them.  I think Rolla was feeling
> anxious about the situation because he regularly wanders the aisles
> of Sam's Club at noon rather than buying a decent lunch for himself.
> Being 87 years old and diabetic, he has no business grazing on their
> freebies.
>
> Larry

The club used part timers for sample folks. They are now going to be
using the same outfit that the stores have been using for a while. It's
a thankless job though. Most of them are considered subcontractors and
they provide the tables and gear. Some stores do provide the fancy roll
around carts though.

--
Steve W.