[AT] Odd rod on a WD Allis?

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 08:18:27 PST 2010

There is nothing external on the WD steering on that side. The
steering shaft is on the right side and all of the gearing is inside
of the front housing. That is part of what made me think loader brace.
On some non-AC loaders they mount to the rear axle and any weight in
the bucket might be prone to put a twist on the rear axle and stress
the point where the side rails of the tractor attach to the rear axle.
Scott Pike whose WC w/loader sits over on the next road has a loader
that lifts by long cylinders that lay under the loader frame and push
back against the rear end. I don't recall what other bracing and
attachments. it has. I also do not recall what brand it is. Its kind
of a strange looking thing to me but seems to work well.

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"