[AT] Swamp loggers. A log skidder is a tractor isn't it?

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Jan 16 19:40:55 PST 2010

Same here Howard.  I haven't been doing much with my tractors lately either.
Speak up every now and then.   A few of us try to keep something going to
keep the list from dying out all together.  I didn't say this earlier and
hesitate to say it now for fear my memory is wrong but I believe that back
in the mid 70's Bobby's brother Kenneth Goodson was getting somewhere in the
neighbor hood of 100 tractor trailer loads of logs a day off his job.
I know we got out 15 or 20 a day and weren't even in the same league with
Kenneth.  He had his own trucks and would hire any independent trucker that
came along.  You could go to his job in the middle of the night or on the
weekend, load your own load, write out your own trip ticket (he left the
book in the loader) and take the load to the mill.  Of course you had to
know enought to know what to load for what mill but lots of guys did and he
was glad to pay them.

Charlie