[AT] Spam> Re: metric system

Rob Wilson ro.wilson at att.net
Wed Jan 6 15:58:41 PST 2010

Sorry Ralph but down here it's 3.8 liters to the gallon. It really throws a
wrench into figuring MPG.
Rob

still the most used measure. We buy our fuel and chemical in litres but know

that there are 4.54 of them in a gallon. I guess a dollar per litre doesn't
sound quite as bad as $4.54 per gallon for gas. We end up spraying
herbicides in litres per acre, a combination of two systems that we have
adapted to.
I think most of us still relate more to how many miles per gallon our
vehicle gets rather than how many kilometres per litre.
I still swear every time I encounter a metric bolt or fitting and have to
pick up a metric wrench to deal with it. I think possibly when our "boomer"
generation disappears maybe the metric system will become more predomiinant.

Until then I'll keep looking at the farenheit side of my thermometer so I
can brag to you guys down south just how cold it is here. :-)

Ralph in Sask.