[AT] OT: Nutria shooting

Dave Merchant kosh at ncweb.com
Mon Jan 4 10:13:07 PST 2010

The result of all this is a huge increase in nuisance animals in towns.

Deer collisions have become an epidemic inside city limits,
and large numbers of foxes have moved in around here, killing pets.

Too many younger people have forgotten that humans have been
an important population control predator for millions of years.

I've always wondered how many millions of $$$ have been spent
on car repair as a result of the movie Bambi.

Dave Merchant

At 12:29 PM 1/4/2010, you wrote:
>I even remember when the MO State Conservation Dept. brought .22 rifles to
>school and gave us a gun safety meeting in the VO-AG shop!(around 1960)
>
>  Ernie
>Remember: "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big
>enough to take away everything you have."   Thomas Jefferson

Dave Merchant
kosh at nesys.com
nesys_com at ameritech.net
dmerchant at layerzero.com

http://www.nesys.com
http://www.nesys.org
YouTube: SteamCrane

"I've just completed Mike's Nature trick of adding in the real temps
to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards)
and from 1961 for Keith's to hide the decline."
         - Prof. Phil Jones
         - Director, Climatic Research Unit
         - School of Environmental Sciences
         - University of East Anglia