[AT] OT: Nutria shooting

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 4 09:58:39 PST 2010

Ernie wrote:
> I even remember when the MO State Conservation Dept. brought .22 rifles to
> school and gave us a gun safety meeting in the VO-AG shop!(around 1960
I bought a rifle at school.  A kid brought it to school and stored it in
his locker.  After classes we traded money and rifle and I carried it to
my car.  Along the way I showed it to a teacher.  It was an old Mossberg
target .22.  Many times I would be deer hunting with my father in the
morning and drive my car to school with my rifle in the front seat, an
old Springfield 03-A3.  Early 60s in Missouri.

During the late 70s President Carter came to Spokane Washington in the
aftermath of Mt St Hellens.  There was a big stink on the national news
about a man with a gun in downtown town Spokane when carter was
speaking.  I lived in Spokane at the time and the real issue was a man
with a gun in a gun rack in the back window of his pickup just passing
through.

--
Don Bowen           KI6DIU