[AT] Vertigo

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Jan 3 15:07:32 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve W." <falcon at telenet.net>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 03, 2010 4:03 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] Vertigo

> Another option would be one of the aftermarket front mount rear PTO
> driven blowers. The local dealer sells a bunch of them, mounted to the
> mid sized Cub Cadets and Mahindras. They basically use a belt or gearbox
> on the PTO to drop down to a jack-shaft that then goes up front to the
> blower.

Actually that is the type of drive that most front mount snowblowers have
here. For years JD was the only line of tractors with a mid mount pto so
snowblowers were built to fit all makes. Long drive shaft running through
the push bar and powered by chain and sprocket off the rear pto. That push
bar did cut down the ground clearance but most of the time its not a
problem. Crown and Schulte were common front mount blowers with that type of
drive. And of course McKee.
Mines a rear mount and it seems each year it gets more painful to twist my
neck around and watch where I am driving. So far this winter we are low on
snowfall and I have not yet needed to install the blower.

Ralph in Sask.