[AT] Spam> bearing cross-reference

Ron Cook rlcook at longlines.com
Sun Jan 3 09:15:19 PST 2010

That ain't all Charlie.  Some of the gear sets have the angle just the
opposite of the Fuller.  So you also get to buy the gears and shafts
that are from IH.  On the plus side, I was able from time to time to get
the right bearings for the transmissions from the tractor dealership.
Same bearings must have been used somewhere in the tractors.  I still
like the IH trucks but use a Freightliner now.  I think Navistar ,or
whomever they are these days probably do not have their own gearsets
anymore.  It does make it difficult to keep an old outfit going.  I have
a whole bucket of gears in the shop that I saved back from my VF192
transmissions.  Trouble is, the ones I have are the ones no one will
ever need.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA