[AT] Spam> bearing cross-reference

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Jan 3 06:37:12 PST 2010

John, I couldn't think of the name when you first posted but if you call
Motion Industries, they should have a store in your area somewhere, they can
cross reference any bearing or seal ever manufactured as far as I know.  The
thing is that some bearings, particularly from folks like IH, OMC, JD, Mack,
etc. that are propietary and you can only get them from the dealer.

Back in my trucking days the International road tractors had Fuller
transmissions just like in a KW or Peterbuilt.  Well at least they looked
and worked the same but when you tore one down all of the bearings were
different, IH dealer only and about 3 times or more as expensive.  IH
claimed they improved them over the Fuller design.  I kind of doubt that.  I
suspect it was clearly profit motivated.

Charlie