[AT] Spam> Close the door

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Sat Jan 2 18:24:34 PST 2010

    The hottest and coldest I have ever been was working on the flightline
at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware. Dover is close to the Atlantic ocean
and was built on swampland. The humidity is totally unbearable with 100
degree temperatures in the summer and with acres of asphalt to absorb the
heat. Then add working inside a fuel tank of a C-124 cargo plane. 15 minutes
inside and 45 minutes outside, even with two ducted blowers. Winter humidity
was nearly the same and 10 degree temps. Working night line duty with 4 big
prop engines for a little extra wind. I was the only one who still had a
knee length wolf fur lined parka.

                                                Gene