[AT] Multimeters for tractors, etc.

Miles and Pat Bradfield mpbradfield03 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 2 08:17:57 PST 2010

John,

I agree with Dean and some other replies as well. If you are used to using clamp type meters then cool homemade continuity testers are not going to be enough for you. Fluke brand is the automotive industry standard, thy are the best. I have been using a Snap-On (Blue Point) model DMSC 883 for several years. It has worked perfectly. Meters made for auto techs will be more rugged built with rubber armor etc. Fluke may make meters for Snap-On (?). The most important thing is to get the user manual with your meter. That will solve 90% of user problems. The unit I have was $110 new. Don't forget if you are using the clamp type inductive pick up and test the whole modern AC charging system you will blow the internal fuse on your meter. That may have happened to you in the past, and will cause the meter not to measure in those higher ranges. Hope that helps you at least a little bit.

Miles