[AT] way-WAY off topic Toyota vs. Toyoda???

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 07:56:25 PST 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Gene Dotson <gdotsly at watchtv.net> wrote:
>    Farmer;
>
>    Farmer, are you on your way to Fort Meade?
>
>    Don't have any comments on Toyota(da), but our family name of "Dotson"
> ran the gamut form Dodd to Dodds to Dodson then Dobson and finally our
> branch of Dotson. Much of the changes were due to a limited education of
> immigrants from Virginia through eastern Kentucky and finally to Ohio.
>
>                            Gene

No, I was never going down to that show. I was just wondering if it
was warm enough down there to have it.
-
My paternal Robinson line was royally connected and in some cases
silly wealthy (not sure where my share went) so they were all highly
educated and the name stayed intact. We are related to General James
Robertson, founder of Nashville and called the father of TN. That
branch changed the spelling pretty early on. It was kind of funny
during my genealogy research that a modern member of that line had sat
up a family tree that while generally accurate when he got back to
where the name was Robinson, he ignored all of the extensive recorded
and published information. He changed the spelling to Robertson all
the way back through centuries in England and back into Scotland as if
it was always spelled that way.
I had a maternal great grandfather who's last name was spelled
Hobgood. He signed his marriage license like that but for some unknown
reason he later started using Hopgood. He did so until he died but he
is buried with his sister and her husband (last name Davis) back in NC
and his grave stone says Hobgood...???

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson