[Farmall] Farmall H Fluid pumping out of hole in hydraulic fill cap

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Wed Feb 17 06:53:40 PST 2010

I have heard of the M& W systems, but am not personally familiar with
them, however I assume it is an after market live hydraulic system
rather than the original liftall system, so I cannot help you with that
part, but the milky color fluid would indicate it has water in it, and
since it is stored inside I would assume form condensation unless
someone has been tampering.  The link I tried to attach is for the IH
model 30 loader, using the original liftall, so would not be of much use
to you.  Flushing it should be as simple as draining the fluid form the
hydraulic tank, pushing the cylinder in all the way so they are empty,
and then draining the hoses.  I do not know what fluid M&W unrecommended
for their system, but Hytran, or an equivalent should work well with it.