[AT] Snow

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Tue Feb 16 08:31:52 PST 2010

    My dog went to the apple orchard last week for his morning walk. I was
shoveling the walk when I heard this pitiful bark. Thought maybe something
was wrong with him so waded out through the snow to where he was. He was
fine and saw about 3 tracks where he had tried to get back to the house and
couldn't get through. I blazed a trail where the snow wasn't so deep and we
got to the house alright. Having only 3 legs now he is at a definate
disadvantage getting through the snow.

    I went out and shoveled half of the sidewalk and had to shovel my way
back to the house. Decided to wait till the wind lets up. Driveway is
completely drifted in again and no chance of going anywhere. Wanted to go
check out a sale that is coming up on Saturday, so will just keep me from
spending any money this week.

    Haven't heard what the conditions are around Marion for their
consignment sale this Saturday, but it is probably pretty miserable there.
Can only remember 1 time the sale was postponed. I won't be going to that
one for sure.

                        Gene

Sounds familiar... We had 9" of new stuff yesterday on top of what we
had on the ground. They are promising us some more with winds...
Son Scott and a good neighbor have been clearing the drive and Scott
makes some paths around but if you have to get off of the path just
walking is tough and you have to hunt a long route (if you are lucky)
where the wind has scooped out a shallow spot. Really getting old...
They are running out of places to stack the snow.
We have jacked up the horses hay about triple. They were still going
out and pawing through the snow to nibble a little but I think it is
about beyond that now. They are mostly staying in the barn now.
Did I mention that this stuff is really getting old...?

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"