[AT] Spam> Hello

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Wed Feb 10 07:45:58 PST 2010

Cecil Bearden wrote:
> We finally got the 8345 Belarus to charge and the heater to blow!  Took
> 3 days to figure out that electrical system.  Looks like the engineer on
> that one wanted to create a lot of mechanic jobs.  There is about 200
> lbs of additional wiring on the 8345 versus the 825 and they are the
> same tractor..  It had the alternator replaced with a 1 wire delco, and
> the alternator regulator burned out.  When we replaced it the starter
> solenoid would not engage.  Seems that there is a wire off the regulator
> that engages a relay to stop the starter solenoid if the tractor is
> running.  Teh relay energizes from the regulator wire.  The regulator
> wire is also where the heater blower gets its power!!!  Finally ran a
> wire from the ignition switch to the regulator to turn it on and it
> works, but if you turn off the switch, without killing the tractor the
> blower will run as long as the tractor is running!!!   We forgot about
> the horn after about 2 hours of trying to trace the wiring.  If it
> wasn't for all the lights on the dash, I would just tear out all that
> wiring and start over....
>
>   Cecil in OKla

Cecil,
 Sounds like a 5th grade wiring system. Are you SURE that it's not an
E-One fire engine ....

I can tell you a secret about all the lights on the dash, They have
removable bulbs. :-)
Personally on a tractor I see a need for the alternator, Battery, fuel
shut off solenoid, head lights, work lights and warning lights, dash
gauge lights.
If you have a cab add a heater blower, wipers and a radio along with a
couple courtesy lights so you can see to find the cup holder at night.

Other than that the rest is scrap.

--
Steve W.