[AT] Spam> Hello

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Feb 10 06:37:39 PST 2010

We missed the last snow that dumped all over the Mid-Atlantic states,
but they are calling "up to 18" here by midnight tonight. I just went
out (9:00 AM) to plow my road, and there was about 3" (and still coming
down steadily). It didn't need plowing, but I do it to provide me with
some guides for the road edges later on - there are some stretches with
no obvious places where the road ends and the fields/lawns begin. The
little ridge I pushed up will help with that later.

My private lane ends just where two counties' roads meet. The "other"
county had plowed and salted their road, while my county road didn't
look as if it had been touched. (Maybe I was just a couple of minutes
too early?). The township roads hadn't been touched either, but maybe
they are waiting for it to get a little deeper...

I am grateful on days like this that I am retired - I spent all too many
hours, over a 45 year period, either trying to get to work or trying to
get home in weather like this. I never got stuck, but I ended up behind
cars and trucks that did, blocking the roads for miles in every direction.

Mike