[AT] Hello

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 06:52:13 PST 2010

I guess it is going again...
-
Our second daughter (around 40) bought her first brand new car last
fall. When she had it a week or two a guy ran a stop sign at a blind
intersection (standing corn) and shot across in front of her. She was
basically unhurt except for bruising from the air bags but the new car
didn't do as well. After several trips back to the body shop she
finally got it back in good shape.
Yesterday driving to work on a snow covered state highway just south
of here she lost control of it (I have not heard all of the details
yet) and struck another car head-on... Again neither had any injuries
beyond bruising. This time the car did not fair so well and as I
understand it is pretty much totaled. Of course she was fully insured.
She is talking about not replacing it with a new car. She says that
she is tired of worrying about scratching it or dinging it all of the
time.
I once worked with a guy that always drove tired old used cars for
years then he and his wife scrimped and saved enough to buy their
first new car. He said it about drove him nuts worrying about it and
even though he rarely did any damage to those old cars he said he
somehow got a new ding in that new one almost every week.... He also
had his first wreck in that new car.
Maybe there is a new car jinx.
-
We have plenty of snow on the ground now and having 40 MPH winds. The
snow seems to be moving around a lot. :-)
Not good old tractor using weather.
-
My tin chimney on the shop is falling apart so I can't use it. I
usually just replace it new every fall and it is good all winter but
rusts out over the summer. This fall I couldn't climb so it has just
sat. I can climb enough to put up a new one now but not in this mess.
I have heat in the wood shop but it is 400 feet away through hip deep
drifts. I don't think I want to wallow through that yet. I think I
will just hibernate today. :-(  It is supposed to be better tomorrow
and the wind is supposed to lay overnight.
-
I went to the doctor Monday and told him all about my #$%& knee. I
told him about how bad it was all fall and how it was slowly getting
better. He looked at my knee very carefully and poked and prodded and
squeezed from every direction. It seems I was right all along... It
certainly was indeed a knee... :-) Since it was very bad before and
less bad now it must be getting better...  :-)
Oh well (shrug)... I go back in 4 weeks.

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"