[AT] OT Re: HIGH IDLE now runaway cars

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 11:09:51 PST 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 11:41 AM, charliehill <charliehill at embarqmail.com>wrote:

> Don't you hate cars that won't allow you to drive them?
>
> Even if you can't turn it off you can push it up into neutral can't you?
> It's got a rev limiter on it.  It won't hurt it.
>
> Charlie

Coming soon... fully electronic steering. That one scares me a little. :)

One interesting thing about the whole Toyota recall... according to the
Toyota website a few minutes ago, there are no affected Lexus or Scion
products. According to my wife (former Toyota employee), all the Lexus
vehicles came over from Japan and it appears to be limited to US-built
vehicles (so far).

Yep, pop that sucker in neutral and let 'er rev. Or put your foot under the
pedal and give it a lift. I'm sure there are a few folks out there that had
sticky throttles in the past and figured out how to get things under
control. :)

Ken in AZ