[AT] Winter coming in NJ (was Re: Int. 184 overhaul - a mystery

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Dec 14 04:39:53 PST 2010

Saturday here was in the 50's, which is why I knew that was the day to
roll the 184 inside and start to work on it - it is my "winter project".
The forecast from then on wasn't good with heavy rain on Sunday. Monday,
it was in the 30's with snow flurries on and off, and right now it is
18° and isn't supposed to break 25°. It looks as if we are getting an
early Winter this year. I still need to get the weather cab on the Ford
860 that I use with chains and a rear blade (that tractor is in a fabric
shelter), but the batteries are charged up in the Farmall 560 diesel
that I depend on to run the backup generator when the power goes out. I
mounted the snow blade on the pickup truck, gathered up the various snow
rakes, shovels, windshield scrapers, etc. All of this is in the hope
that none of them will be needed. :-)

Mike