[AT] Yellow Farmall

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Dec 29 16:07:47 PST 2010

On 12/29/2010 5:21 PM, K7jdj at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 12/29/2010 3:15:19 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
> alfg at sasktel.net writes:
>
> Normally the ground here freezes hard as cement before we get
> much snow  and you would need dynamite to break it . Not this year.
>

> Will that  help in the spring?  Since the ground is not frozen will the
> snow melt perk  through the unfrozen ground?
>
> Gary
> Renton, WA

Gary , in a normal year it might help but we are so saturated here that
the soil can not absorb any more water. It will just accumulate and run
over from one slough to the next following the path of least resistance,
hopefully off my farm. But I think next year is going to be interesting
to say the least. Good prices and good demand for our crops but how many
acres will we be able to seed in the spring?

Ralph in Sask.