[AT] Yellow Farmall

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Dec 29 04:50:33 PST 2010

That one looks like a "Sherwin Williams special" lawn ornament, but a
lot of working IH tractors got painted different colors over the years.

I have one also <http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/1952-farmall-cub/>.
When I was working on it, I found three layers of paint - the new
yellow/white, IH red, and a base of "highway dept." yellow that looked
to be OEM. I have heard that dealers would happily paint your tractor
any color to close a sale, and the factory would make a special color
run for government orders. Guy Fay would know more about that.

Mike