[Ford-ferguson] hydraulic pipe question

Howard Fleming hfleming at moosebird.net
Thu Dec 23 17:35:37 PST 2010

Just an update on the hydraulic question I had.... :o).

I ended up going with hydraulic hose for the connection.  Pipe in some
ways would have been better, but the specs that I found for black pipe
(schedule 40) showed fairly low working pressures vs what the pressure
that the tractor's hydraulic system can produce.

All the components that I installed to run the plow hydraulics are rated
for 3000 psi minimum,  so hopefully there will be no failures due to
pressure.... :o).

And, as it turned out, hose was much easier to do also.

If any one is interested in seeing what it ends up looking like on once
I am done, I will post pictures at www.moosebird.net.

Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays!

Howard