[AT] Shrink wrap

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 05:41:46 PST 2010

How do you get someone to approve you when you sign up for the forum? I can
sign in to my account there but I can't view pictures and I can't post there
(message says "Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to
access this page")? I understand why so many have commented about it not
being worth the trouble.
Mark

Mark,

>From reading the FAQ for registration, privileges of use should be
nearly instantaneous following registration.  On some occasions an
e-mail may be sent to the subscriber with a return link to click for
validation.  Wondering if that may have been spammed out so you never
saw it???  Other than that, ,,,, who knows.  Hope you have solved the
problem by now.  Below is a copy of the FAQ.

Charlie V.

The administrator will probably require you to register in order to
use all the features of the forum. Being registered gives you an
identity on the board, a fixed username on all messages you post and
an online public profile.

Registration is free (unless otherwise specified), and offers an
extended range of features, including:

    * Posting new threads
    * Replying to other peoples' threads
    * Editing your posts
    * Receiving email notification of replies to posts and threads you specify
    * Sending private messages to other members
    * Creating albums of pictures and comment on others' pictures
    * Adding events to the forum calendar
    * Setting up a 'contact list' to quickly see which of your friends
are online.

How do I register?

You register by clicking on the 'Register' link near the top of the
page. You will be asked to choose a user name, password and enter a
valid email address. In addition there will be some other fields to
which you will be invited to respond. Some will be mandatory while
others are optional. Once this is complete you will either be fully
registered, or in some cases you may have to click on a link in an
'activation email' sent to your email address. Once you have done this
you will be registered.

Note that entering your email address will not leave you open to
'spam', as you can choose to hide it from other board users. You'll
probably be able to allow other registered users to contact you via
email, but the system won't display your email address to them unless
you give permission.

If you are under the age of 13, the administrator may require that a
parent or guardian provide consent before allowing you to complete the
registration process. More information about this is available during
the registration process.