[AT] Test now IH 184

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Dec 12 15:56:25 PST 2010

The engine runs fine when cold, but after a while it starts running hot
and pumping fumes out the oil fill/breather. Since everything looks OK
on top, no bearing noise, good oil pressure, etc., I am going with my
experience with other IH C-60 engines and assuming that the problem will
be worn rings. If that isn't the case, I will be very surprised and will
have to dig a little deeper. I did find that the fan belt was somewhat
loose, and that might help explain the overheating.

I will follow up with progress (or lack thereof).

Mike