[AT] Change - way off topic

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Mon Dec 6 05:00:36 PST 2010

Ralph Goff wrote:
> TExting while driving?? Is there anyone crazy enough to do that? Its been
> proving that we do not multi task nearly as well as we would like to
> believe. I'm betting that a lot of motor vehicle accidents nowadays are the
> result of someone "multi tasking" with their cell phone. If its not against
> the law it sure ought to be.
> When I 'm driving on quiet country roads I "might" answer a cell phone call
> if I'm expecting an important one. Otherwise it will have to wait. Far as
> I'm concerned driving needs 110% of my attention.
>
> Ralph in Sask.

VERY common around here. I have seen far worse as well. Talk to any OTR
driver and ask them some of what they have seen. I was down on the DC
beltway a couple years ago (5 lanes each way, all running at 80+ and
with exits off both sides). Looked down and saw a guy who was eating
breakfast, talking on the phone and reading a newspaper all while
driving. The paper was folded out so that it could set across the
steering wheel.
I have also seen people having sex while driving the car, and not just a
quick grope or fellatio, I mean full on she sitting in his lap, behind
the wheel type sex.

One of the things we are supposed to actually look for and ask at every
MVA now is about cell use prior to the "accident".

--
Steve W.
(\___/)