[AT] Slightly off topic

Ron Cook rlcook at longlines.com
Thu Dec 2 09:22:22 PST 2010

Well, were there any Ferguson tractors before 1946?  I think it is an N
Ford.  More than likely a 2N.  The 9N and 2N were known as Ford
Fergusons.  Ford built tractor with Ferguson system hydraulic 3-point
implement attachment.   Many of them were used during WWII for various
purposes.  Henry sort of had an "in".   Tractors used as an airport tug
would be painted yellow or orange for visibility.  At least they have
been for the last 50 years.  I didn't pay much attention before then.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA