[AT] Lancaster Farming ads

Herbert Metz metz-h.b at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 31 04:58:50 PDT 2010

ATIS group,
I can just hear the groans resulting from Mikes email.  I am sure that most
of us are hoping that Lancaster Farming changes their ads to Mikes
suggestion (or close enough to Mikes suggestion) so Mike can continue
enlightening us on antique farm equipment availabilities in that important
area.
Golly, years ago, couple years before Beilers closed down his two day
auction business, I bought an Allis G (sight unseen, because it included a
FEL).  Talked to the owner a couple times before sending him a down
payment. He was to remove the endloader, store at his home within half hour
of Beilers, and deliver the Allis G to Beilers. I arrived day before the
sale, we went to the sale, the G sold for close to what I was hoping, I
stuck around for the rest of the day, then picked up the endloader, paid
the balance, and went home.  Still have the endloader.
Thank You Mike; otherwise I would not have even known about this endloader.
I returned the nest year and had an enjoyable visit with Cecil Monson; he
went home with a full trailer.
I imagine many others could share similar stories.
Occasionally (unusual AC things) I will share some of Mikes listings with
the large allischalmers.com group; do not know whether anyone has
successfully pursued any of those ads. I am quite sure they have; at least
they have had opportunity to do so.
Herb