[AT] Reactions to pictures posted from Portland

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 12:25:41 PDT 2010

My MF-165-D high-arch is rated at 52 HP and will pull a 4 x 14" fully
mounted nicely. My father liked to plow extra deep and he took the 4th
bottom off but at normal plowing depth it was fine. I pulled 3 x 14"s
for years along with a plow width drag behind my Super M Farmall. It
and the S-MTA had over-bore kits in them and either of them or the
Farmall 400 would handle 4 x 14"s fine in our soils. We have fairly
deep top-soils here.
My John Deere 4020 pulled a 4 x 16" semi-mount with no real effort at
all. I could shift up into 6th gear and throttle back and keep going.
I couldn't really run it like that because it would foul the plugs
running so slow but the power was there. About the only thing I had
that worked it hard was if I socked the chisel plow down about a foot.
That took about all of 4th gear.

--

Be tolerant of almost everything but intolerance...

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA
robinson46176 at gmail.com