[AT] Reactions to pictures posted from Portland

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Aug 29 04:42:20 PDT 2010

Grant, It's always interesting to see equipment from different areas. The
picture of that little Ford with the four bottom plow made me chuckle. In my
area it takes something the size of a 4020 John deere to pull 4 bottoms. And
that plow itself is about 1/3 heavy enough to withstand the tight soil and
rocks here. Strange enough if you traveled 100 miles to the east of me it
would probably be a good set-up.

Nice looking tractors at that show. I even noticed a John Deere 30
combine---don't see stuff like that too often, and when you do it hasn't
been restored. I can't telll from the picture but it looks like that one may
have a cleaning attachment.

John Hall