[AT] 3pt mower top link

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Aug 29 04:26:19 PDT 2010

Farmer, I used to be a groundskeeper for a subdivision. Their tractor was a
compact 670 John Deere. I used a 4 or 5 ft "bushhog" to mow the
nature/riding trails. The tractor and mower were both John Deere but the
hitch was just not built to match well between teh two. In my opinion the
arms were too high up in mowing position. Anyway, quite a few times I had
the front of the mower to hang an obstruction and cause the mower to flip
up. The pivoting links would keep it from coming into the back of the
tractor. Sometimes the pin for the centerlink would hang the hitch on the
way back down, then I would have to back it up against a tree or in a ditch
to get it loose.

John Hall