[AJD] Revisit to an old topic...FUEL TANK CLEANING.

Bill Maki wrmaki at cfw.com
Tue Aug 24 18:37:34 PDT 2010

Garrell,

I'm a lurker too!  I had great success with a solvent called Hydro Seal II
made by Gunk.  I found it at the auto parts store in a gallon can.  It is
fairly inexpensive and did a fine job of cutting through the dried gas in my
430T that had turned to tar.  As I recall it isn't real volatile but will
ruin paint.  I took the tank off the tractor and found a bolt with Teflon
tape to seal up the fuel line port.  I put about a quart in the tank with a
small piece of chain, put the gas cap back on and over a few days came back
every so often and swished it around inside the tank.  Not real hard but
just enough to make sure the entire inside of the tank was being coated and
receiving a swipe from the chain.  The Hydro Seal dissolved all of the old
gas with nearly no effort on my part.  I'd recommend it.

Bill Maki
Waynesboro, VA