[AT] Anybody Make it to Kinzers 62nd Annual Threshermen's Reunion?

Will Powell william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Tue Aug 24 08:45:58 PDT 2010

Hello,

I made it toThreshermen's Reunion in Kinzer PA, not too far from Lancaster PA last Saturday. It is a well attended show. They get a bunch of guests paying $7 a piece.

Must have been about 20 steam tractors. Lots of Rumely Oil Pulls. I believe they have a lot of the older equipment because the Amish are still using them.

Old cars were neat, I particularly liked the 1 cylinder "Brush" car.

Stationary engine displays were great as usual. They had a newer display of an Otto gas engine? It was a four chamber large gasoline engine, two pistons on the same shaft. Camshaft was a shaft with circular lobes. It must have been about 25-30 feet long. It's not running yet but they are fixing it up.

There was a nice International TD24 Bulldozer pulled out of a scrap yard. It ran great, interesting six cylinder engine. Cable driven blade with blade winch in back. 3 valve heads, gasoline manifold and distributor on one side, diesel injectors on the other side. He started it up on gasoline then threw a lever that switched the intake valves from gas to diesel.

Lots of hit and miss engines, steam engines, all brands of tractors.

Anybody else attend?

Regards,

Will