[AT] OT if you ever wondered what to do for friend who hasitall when his 60th birthday is coming.

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Aug 18 19:41:46 PDT 2010

It wasn't much different here Mark.  I don't know of any dynamite that rode
the school bus but it was certainly possible for a farm boy to go to the
farm supply store and buy some.
I think you were supposed to be 18.  I don't know if that was a law or just
the rule at the local dynamite store
but I'm sure most any kid could have gotten some for his dad if the guy at
the store knew him.
We often took our hunting rifles and shotguns to school in the car or truck
so we could go hunting on the way to or from school
It wasn't uncommon for a pickup truck to sit in the school parking lot with
2 or 3 guns hanging in the gun rack, clearly visible
through the back window and with the truck doors unlocked.  On a Friday
night when we were playing football nearly every truck in the parking
lot had rifles and shotguns in them.  They stayed there, hanging in the gun
rack all the way through the fall and winter.  It was just a way of life.

Charlie