[AT] Snow Blower

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Mon Aug 16 08:25:26 PDT 2010

Dick Day wrote:
> I just received the 2010 Northern Tools catalog.  As I said in a
> big-ticket items from Northern or HF.
>
> However... in the new Northern catalog, a 3-pt snowblower  did catch
> my eye. It's a Canadian product from a company called Braber...
>

> $1399 for a 72" blower is mighty tempting.  It lacks the bells and
> whistles on the more expensive units. The cheapest I've ever seen new
> around here (Nebraska) has been around $4800.
>
> Ever heard of Braber?  Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dick Day

One of the neighbors has the same blower with a different name on it. I
suspect it is like the Chinese built tractors, Buy a container load and
they will paint and decal them with whatever name you want.

His seems to work well enough, We did go through it completely before
the first use to change out any questionable bolts and lubes.
Personally I HATE rear mounted blowers. They are great if your able to
twist like a pretzel. One thing I had thought about doing was to buy a
three point unit. Then weld up a bracket to mount it on the front of a
tractor. Maybe drive it with hydraulics. Or do like a lot of imports do
and drive it with a long shaft under the tractor.

--
Steve W.