[AT] Snow Blower

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Aug 16 07:08:00 PDT 2010

I don't have much more use for a snow blower than you do in Texas but I was
thinking how nice it would work if you rigged up a front mounted 3 pt hitch
and drove the blower with a hydraulic motor.  For that matter it could be
mounted to a front loader frame or a skid steer.  I don't know how much HP
it requires.  I suspect it would take a good bit of hydraulic fluid flow to
run it.  Also,  a 12 V.  satellite dish actuator (worm drive type) would
hook right up to that screw shaft that adjusts the blower output with just a
little bit of fabrication.  Of course if you've got a teenage kid it will
work fine mounted on a 3 pt hitch.

Another idea would be to find something like an AC WC or WD and flip the
ring gear and pinion set over so that it runs backwards like an old AC
cotton picker.   Move the controls and turn the seat around and it would do
a fine job.