[Farmall] fan pulley and set screw

William Ransom wllmrnsm89 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 14:21:33 PDT 2010

I couldn't get a ratchet on the socket because one of the fan blades is
right where the ratchet would go. The fan blade would also get in the way of
an extension -- for that matter, it also gets in the way of putting a screw
driver exactly where it should be to unscrew the set screw; when I tried to
unscrew it, I had to have the screw driver at a bit of an angle. I think a
3/8" drive breaker bar might work, although even that would probably require
bending the fan blade a little, and the only breaker bar I have has a 1/2"
drive. It occurred to me that removing the fan would help, but I couldn't
figure out how to remove the fan.