[Farmall] fan pulley and set screw

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Aug 3 04:05:18 PDT 2010

Well, the obvious (and unfortunate) solution is to remove the fan - just
some bolts and most of the skin from your knuckles. Then you will be
able to access the jam nut. Once you get everything free, find a new nut
and put some "Nev-R-Seize" on it before putting everything back together
(so it won't be so much of a battle the next time).

Loosening the pulley might require some gentle application of a large
punch and a hammer - there are places on the pulley for that - but don't
get violent or you might damage the pulley.

Mike