[Farmall] fan pulley and set screw

William Ransom wllmrnsm89 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 18:58:13 PDT 2010

Today I was going to put the new generator belt on the Farmall M. I looked at the fan pulley and found a set screw. When I tried to unscrew the set screw, I couldn't get it to turn. I was able to get a 9/16" socket on the nut on the set screw, but one of the fan blades got in the way of putting a socket wrench on it there. I tried to turn the socket with vise grips, but the vise grips always slipped around the socket. Do you have any suggestions for how to get the set screw out?