[Farmall] Cub governor inspection and reinstallation

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Wed Apr 28 06:28:48 PDT 2010

One thing that may throw a wrench into you efforts is the timing mark on
the Cub. It's hard to find and is on the rear side of the gear (at least
on my Cub anyway). You have to look hard to find it, and once you do,
transfer it to the front of the gear to make installing the governor easy.
You can mark the gear teeth with chalk. I used a Dremel tool to transfer
the mark to the front side of the gear where it's easier to see. Make sure
you transfer it between the correct two gear teeth. I've always wondered
if the gear was put in backwards with the mark being rearward instead of
forward.

Carl Szabelski

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.