[AT] What's the "rarest" tractor you own?

Dean Van Peursem deanvp at att.net
Thu Apr 22 11:20:02 PDT 2010

My rarest tractor (JD production records) used to be an unstyled 1936 AO with only about 800 made.
Sold it a year or so ago. However, I have a few that many were not made but there are no JD
production records to prove it. Such as: Two 1940 Slant Dash B's. Slant Dash B's were only made at
the factory for one year, the 1940 model year. However, upgrade kits were sold for 1939 and 1940
model year tractors that didn't leave the factory with Slant Dash features so there are no records
of how many actually existed then and for sure no one knows exactly how many exist today. As an
example Serial #60000, which is the first styled JD B in 1939 has been upgraded to the Slant Dash
features. Not many, if any, are seen at shows. It is estimated that considerably less than 1000
exist today. My 1958 JD 620 is a High Clearance model as is the 1957 JD 520 which it is estimated
that less than 50 were made. The 1957 JD 520 has an interesting serial # 5205200.  All of us
collectors own very rare one of a kind tractors. There was only one made of each serial #!  :-)

Dean VP
Snohomish, WA 98290

Confidence is the feeling you have before you completely understand the situation!